08 September 2007

Waitress

Well, tonight I was going to maybe go to a movie with a friend of mine. I decided to check what was playing and then give her a ring. When I looked, to my amazement a movie that I have been wanting to see for quite some time was at the dollar theater. Of course I became very excited and texted my friend to see if she wanted to go. Alas, she wasn't able to. I still really wanted to go and in the end decided to go by myself. I thought it would be much more awkward than it was with it being a Saturday night and therefore a "date" night. I bought my single ticket, however, and held my head as I walked into the theater and chose a seat in the middle back (my usual). Waitress was the perfect movie to see by myself. I could tear up and not be embarrassed because I would never see these schmucks again. I enjoyed the movie (although it was pretty immoral, just to warn you before you head out to see it). I came away wanting to make pie and also with a hopeful contentment.
Movie theaters are so social. Hardly anyone goes alone. I quite enjoyed it, it allowed me to focus entirely on the movie and for 2 hours (ish) forget about my life and submerse myself in the film. I am quite glad I chose to go and will probably repeat it on those nights I need to escape.

5 comments:

Readyforadventure said...

Way to go. I am still not brave enough!! I am glad you enjoyed the movie. If I was home I would totally go to a movie with you!!!

Brooke said...

Mindy Lou Who you should have called me, I would have gone with you! So Waitress is FINALLY in the dollar movie? Which one? I want to see it again SO bad. Can't wait till it comes out on DVD.

Unknown said...

well done on going by yourself! I've thought about it many a time, but then never did. I'll have to suck it up and just to it. Maybe for Pirates 3, because everyone has already seen it and doesn't want to see it again. Oh, and I finally noticed that you tagged me, so my blog is now updated.

megan said...

Kevin used to go to movies by himself all of the time when we had money and time. :) I saw a preview for waitress and wanted to see it, but even from the preview I could tell it wasn't exactly the most moral film. I've just always liked that felicity actress girl, and I love making pies and eating pies.

Sara said...

Was I the friend that couldn't go? I'm so sorry if it was me! That's awesome that you went by yourself!