10 June 2008

Woot!!

Well, I got a job. It's not a teaching position but it will do for now. It's a temp to hire position so I'm officially hired by a staffing company (they pay me, etc.) but I'll be working for Honda Financial Services in their credit department. Basically I'll be doing data entry. I review contracts and fund them for dealers. I'm pretty excited about it because I'll be getting paid more than I did when I was supervising at RC Willey and I get a raise after 30 days and then after 60 days. If I choose to stay and Honda hires me on then I also get car benefits. I'm not sure what that entails but it sounds pretty sweet. Anyways, I'm excited and will be starting on Monday. It's good to be employed.

On a sidenote, you should check out this photography exhibit. They say none of it is digitally composed (meaning what's in the photograph is sitting in front of the photographer in reality - he's not splicing images together). It's beautiful.

I also just finished reading a book call The Book Thief. It is a beautiful story. It's narrated by death and about the Holocaust. All I can say is that I loved it and you should read it.

8 comments:

megan said...

yahoo! Congrats on the job! I just recently worked with the Honda Financial logo for a mousepad at work. Now I can say I know someone who works there! I hope it works well for you and that you enjoy your work.

smellame said...

Way to go! And I'm glad it's something you are excited about and not worried or dreading like. Hope it's going well for you! So this book, is it depressing at all? If yes, I think I best wait awhile before I dealve into that one ;).

Unknown said...

YAY for getting a job! That sounds pretty awesome. I hope they give you great car benefits.
That photography exhibit website was fantastic.
I really want to read The Book Thief. I'll have to work on getting it from the library.

plugalong said...

Data entry is something I wondered about doing from home...sounds like a good deal there.
Beautiful photography, thanks for sharing that link.
I'll have to read that I'll add it to my list of must reads when I start reading again...

micquel said...

ah, data entry, my dream job of dream jobs. Good work! I hope you like it lots and stuff.

What was I thinking said...

Car benefits! Woot!

kidzdilemmas said...

I have GOT to read that book--it sounds good, and i don't have anything to read. Yay for cars!

Jedi Master Tolman said...

It may be more money than RC Willey but you know it is nowhere as cool as it was here! We all miss you. Lisa and I are sitting here on a Saturday night being bored out of our minds.